Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2019 02:00

m15, AWCC missing "FX"

Hi there.

I have an Alienware m15.

I got an update for Bios and AWCC in the end of September 2019, and i did.

Since then, there is no FX tab in my AWCC, and many other features are missing too.

I have uninstalled and clean installed AWCC different versions many times, but still same issue. Older versions show the FX tab but i cannot click on it.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

5 Posts

November 9th, 2019 14:00

Good news.

I reinstalled the whole windows as advised by the DELL people here.

After factory resetting my alienware m15 and the automatic updates of all drivers and softwares, AWCC is working perfectly fine.

Thanx to DELL-CARES who helped.

5 Posts

November 7th, 2019 03:00

Whenever i open the AWCC, it says "No supported AlienFX devices were detected".

• 

25.1K Posts

November 7th, 2019 06:00

Thank you so much for the information provided. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the AWCC APP. the first thing to try is to reflash the Bios on your system. In order to do that, please manually download the Bios from the Dell support website and run it

https://dell.to/2WQIZeN

Afterwards, please perform a clean un-installation of the AWCC by following this video, however, do not attempt to install the version from the Microsoft store, just make sure to remove the APP as the video 

https://dell.to/2CiZQ0e

After doing that, make sure to restart the system, once again in Windows, download the AWCC version from the Dell Website and the OC controls, frist install the AWCC version, make sure to select complete installation, restart the system and then install the OC controls, restart again and try it out. Please let me know how it goes. 

• 

25.1K Posts

November 7th, 2019 13:00

I´m sorry to hear the steps provided couldn´t resolve the issue. Can you please send me a private message in order to continue assisting you further? 

5 Posts

November 7th, 2019 13:00

1. Reflashed the bios.

2. Uninstalled AWCC completely as said in the video step by step.

3. Restarted.

4. Downloaded AWCC from dell site.

5. Restarted.

6. Downloaded OC controls.

7. Restarted again.

Still same result. "No supported AlienFX device was detected......".

The software even does not install properly, keeps loading and loading for an hour even, with no progress.

The keyboard light is fixed at blue.

Please help me, its a new laptop and this is really frustrating.

671 Posts

November 7th, 2019 15:00

Thanks! We just got it. 

5 Posts

November 7th, 2019 15:00

Done. I have sent you a personal message

November 14th, 2019 13:00

restrore back the factory default then AWCC FX works fine also ingore the popup for update the AWCC and OC they just wont work it happen me 4th times so dont update it  the lastest version must have bug.....

No Events found!