Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

14 Posts

May 28th, 2020 13:00

m15 R1, pathetic performance, Support can't figure out what's wrong

i7-8750H, RTX 2060, 16GB, 144Hz

So, I live in India and I bought this laptop from the USA in April 2019. The warranty and everything has been transferred.

I've had nothing but problems since I got this laptop, the RAM has been changed once, motherboard twice (soon to be thrice), screen once, battery once, both fans once, and the SSD (soon).

The website claims to give 220+ FPS in Rainbow Six Siege for a similar configuration. I play on everything low, except one (which shouldn't affect much). I get 60-70 FPS, which drop to anywhere between 1-30 FPS randomly. Alienware support has not been able to figure out the problem so far, they can't replace the laptop due to some "policy". The temperatures reach 100C as soon as I launch the game, but they don't go above 100C so it's "within the limit" on paper. Vents have been cleaned out less than a week back, so that shouldn't be an issue. Alienware had done a thermal re-paste about two months back, so that shouldn't be the issue either. I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with the laptop. Every driver and the BIOS is up to date. How should I get this laptop to optimal performance?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Also for those of you living in India, I'd love to know if it is possible to get Alienware to replace the laptop. I honestly feel very thoroughly scammed out of a lot of money, especially having been compelled to buy extended warranty given my past experience with the laptop.

PS: A friend of mine has an Alienware too (same configuration), except with a GTX 1060 instead of an RTX 2060. He also gets better performance and more FPS than I do.

No Responses!
No Events found!