Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2021 00:00

m15 R3, Alienware Client Management Service

I am using Alienware m15R3 After some days when i checked for update of software i used support assist to scan for update it shows "An Unexpected Error Occurred". I waited for some days may be it will be a server problem later i tried it to update using Alienware updater app it didn't opened at all. Now in services i saw that "Alienware Client Management Service" was not working ...it was stopped when i tried to start it shows "Error 1053: "The service did not respond in a timely fashion" when attempting to start, stop or pause a service" i Tried a lot of methods but not fixed at all. Please help me out with it....even from website i am unable to update if i scan from website it shows 

Driver detection not available

Please try again later or use the link below to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.

Please Help me out .  thank you.Screenshot 2021-07-04 130834.pngScreenshot 2021-07-04 130838.png

30 Posts

October 30th, 2021 06:00

rossetti-it's fix worked. 

It also works if you upgrade to Windows 11. 

1. Upgraded to Windows 11 via Windows Update. Note: This was not a clean install of Windows 11, just upgraded using the standard Windows Update app.
  2. Noted that after the Windows 11 upgrade that Alienware Client Management Services still did not work (Error 1053), but noticed that all the program elements listed in C:/Program Data/Dell/UpdatePackage/ had install dates based on the last factory install of Windows 10.
  3. Given the fact the issue being Windows would not start Alienware Client Management Services, I followed rossetti-it's fix with reinitialization of C:/Program Data/Dell/UpdatePackage/. 
  4. Alienware Client Management Services then started correctly, and I was able to use all Dell Alienware Client Services (SupportAssist, Alienware/Dell Update for Windows Universal, Dell Web Services), as advertised. 

2 Intern

• 

154 Posts

October 30th, 2021 16:00

For what it's worth, you will triple your performance if you go to an SSD (minimum! My old system was more like 8x the performance).

1 Message

November 1st, 2021 07:00

I had the same problem on my XPS 15 9750. I followed the steps above, however by the time I tried to install the Dell Update Utility the service was already stopped again, why I don't know. So, I found this works in that situation.

* Run the Dell Update installer
* Wait until you get the 1920 error: Dell Client Management System couldn't be started
* Then go to C:\ProgramData\dell\UpdateService\ and rename or delete the UpdateService folder
* Hit Retry on the installer
* This allowed me to install the utility

Hope this helps, should you have this problem, that you can't install the utility, or other programs which rely on this service.

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2021 12:00

I have this same issue with a Dell G3 3590, and i solved with a old "Dell Update for Windows" version, i download 3.1.1 and now is working great.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

November 3rd, 2021 04:00

I agree with AWX17 over here. Those Raid 0 600Gb might be fast, but probably even faster if you used something like an SSD over them as the boot drive.

Download speedfan if you can cause I really want to see your S.M.A.R.T Scores after all these years on those drivers.

1 Message

November 17th, 2021 00:00

Like all of you, myself and my colleges where pulling our hair out with this issue. We noticed some very odd behavior involving the Dell client management service and the security permissions in the client folder inside Programdata. I believe the full path is C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdateService\Clients\ I might be wrong but you’ll find it  - Anyway it’s gonna sound odd but just follow me here. We noticed that the machines that had the service issue all had the “Everyone” group in the security permissions in the “clients” folder. And the computers that didn’t have the issue, did not.  We also noticed that if we removed “Everyone” from the security permissions for the client folder, the service would then start with no issue! But the odd thing is that not only would the service not restart successfully after that, “Everyone” would sneak it’s way back into the security permissions in the client folder. So what I did is, I enabled inheritable permissions in the client folder. I removed “Everyone” from the security permissions in the client folder.  I then went to the Programdata folder and forced inheritable permissions from that parent folder onto all child files and folders (you might get some access denied errors as permissions propagate just click through them.  Then restarted the Dell client management service and it will now stay enabled even after a reboot. 

makes no sense. I know. 
perform the above at your own risk, but this has worked for us on multiple systems. 

48 Posts

November 17th, 2021 10:00

I’m also having this issue with the Area 51mr2, I find the only thing that works is a complete factory reset of my laptop but this only works for a while then the problem comes back 

11 Posts

November 20th, 2021 10:00

I've found out it the Clients folder causing the Error: 1053 bug and had tried to change the security permission to full control for my user account then it works first time but fails on the second time, it seems to rewrite clients file. Dell need to fix this problem in the next update!

Alienware Client Management Service18.png

Thanks, Rossetti-it for the info...

48 Posts

January 5th, 2022 01:00

For anyone following this and can’t find the program data folder, you need to tick the hidden items box in the view tab for it to show in drive C, also make a shortcut to the the folder 

16 Posts

January 24th, 2022 08:00

Rossetti-it - That totally fixed the issue! Well done!

January 29th, 2022 01:00

thanks heaven @rossetti-it  

No Events found!