Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

13 Posts

August 11th, 2020 22:00

m15 R3, not being updated to Windows 10 2004

Hi,

Today I purchased my Alienware m15 R3.

1. I completed to get all Windows 10's and Alienware's own updates installed, but my Windows 10 still is stuck at version 1909. Why is this laptop not getting the latest 2004 update for Windows 10?

2. Is there any application provided which I can use for battery charging limit? When using my previous ASUS ROG one, it had a built-in application to limit its charging up to 40% or 80% etc.. and I liked it. Nothing similar application officially provided for this Alienware?

3. How can I use a Home & End key on this laptop?

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

August 12th, 2020 06:00

1. Be a windows insider to get the 2004 update as the update is going to take a while to get on your computer. Here’s the link:https://insider.windows.com/en/
  2. right click the battery icon and you should see a desktop mode battery icon that limits the charge on your battery once it reaches 100%.
  3. Home, End, arrow keys on num pad

Much like the Fn key that can toggle what the F1-F12 keys on your keyboard do, the NumLock key works the same way. The only exception is that it can toggle the number pad On/Off where as the Fn key has to be held down to change what the F1-F12 keys do.

Note: You can turn on the FN key lock if your keyboard supports it.

When the NumLock is On, the number pad will enter numbers and the mathematical symbols it has. When you want to use the Home, End, Pgup, or Pgdn keys though, you have to turn NumLock Off. It’s that simple.

No Events found!