Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KO

3 Posts

April 14th, 2020 07:00

m17 R2, does not have G-Sync?

I ordered an Alienware m17 R2 with all the max specs possible, couple days ago. I wanted the 4K UHD display, but since I'm buying it to game, I needed higher FPS. I was kinda bummed that it didn't have 1440 QHD 144Hz, so I got the 1080 FHD 144Hz instead. And today I was checking out the laptop specs I ordered and noticed I didn't see any mention of G-Sync anywhere for my laptop. Why do I have a gaming laptop that [strictly] uses Nvidia graphics but does not have a display that supports G-Sync? That should've been on it by default. I've paid $5300 for this laptop. Is this laptop making up for it in anyway? Have I made a huge mistake by buying this? If you wanna have a look at the specs.

2 Posts

April 16th, 2020 04:00

I assume you are trying to connect the laptop to a 144hz monitor? You need to buy a DP port cable. A normal hdmi cable wont get you over 60hz. 

April 16th, 2020 05:00

No, I'm not trying to connect the laptop to a monitor. I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything that works as an alternative for the fact that it doesn't have G-sync

September 21st, 2020 21:00

I have the same problem with you, after you use it we have certain problems because you don't have G-sync? because mine is still on the way and I haven't received it, just forgot 

No Events found!