Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

April 21st, 2019 16:00

m17, RTX 2070 GPU, possible cooling issue?

Hey all, I just bought this laptop yesterday, its amazing. I downloaded sekiro and a few other games, I decided to check the temps 15 mins after playing because I was curious. My gpu was at around 75-88c and my cpu was in the 90-100c range. Isn't this too high ? my OC setting is off, my laptop is on a hard, flat surface, my room isn't very hot, and the fans are on balanced. What could possibly be the issue ? Or is the laptop supposed to be this hot ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 14:00

April 22nd, 2019 18:00

I cannot find that option in my bios to stress test it or whatever. And I really don’t want to update the bios cause I’ve heard of people’s laptops breaking due to a bad bios update. Just wanted to know if the temps I stated are considered safe.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 23rd, 2019 11:00

Your system temps are expected for this model. But the BIOS update should also help with the temperature.

You can run the BIOS update, if the system has any issues after, we will help you because the system is under warranty. You shouldn't have any issues, just make sure you follow the instructions while running it.

No Events found!