Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

May 17th, 2022 09:00

x17 R1, turning off when plugged in

I just got this Alienware. When I’m playing games either elden ring or cyber punk to even less powerful games like naruto, my laptop power button would flash red and blue then shut down unless I unplugged it immediately. I’m not sure if a monitor would help that issue but it’s very stressful and I’m starting to regret buying this thing. I can’t seem to find the issue I thought I was the heating , nope, maybe the programs I’m the background, nope, I’m not a computer guy and I’m still learning I just don’t know why this keeps happening, literally everytime I’m playing a game this light comes on flashing then shuts off then I’ll have to unplug it and reboot my system.

5 Practitioner

• 

1.5K Posts

May 17th, 2022 14:00

We'll really need to know the red/blue light sequence before diagnosing. Try to capture it on video and then check out the link that ejn63 posted. 

3 Posts

May 17th, 2022 20:00

I will try to capture footage 

3 Posts

May 17th, 2022 20:00

Snm thank you

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

May 17th, 2022 21:00

Hi @Bliizo welcome to this free user to user Alienware laptop discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Please run windows Reliability Monitor that should include red event, to reveal the root cause that turns off the Alienware X17 R1. How to use Windows Reliability Monitor to identify software issues | Dell US 

No Events found!