Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2016 12:00

Hyper-V support

We are on Appsync 3.0 now but still no Hyper-V support

Will Appsync ever support Hyper-V?

We are waiting for the support, but i'm wondering now if it is even on the roadmap.

Anyone any idea?

82 Posts

October 17th, 2016 06:00

Applications such as SQL, Exchange, and Windows file systems are supported, as well as the AppSync server software, on a host running Windows on a Hyper-V hypervisor. This is outlined in the latest support matrix for AppSync - https://elabnavigator.emc.com/vault/pdf/EMC_AppSync.pdf - What is not supported is VHD replication, which is not on the roadmap.

49 Posts

October 20th, 2016 15:00

That's a shame. Why would EMC choose to not support it? This really limits the use cases of appsync to vmware environments only. We were trying to work out a DR business case for a mixed vmware and hyper-v environment but seems like emc has not the proper solution for it.

July 3rd, 2017 10:00

We desperately need to have appsync support to snapshot Hyper-v cluster shared volumes, is there anything on the road map for this ?  If not it does mean our 2018 2 x SAN purchase will not be EMC. Now that Dell have taken over can you not devote some more resource to support for this instead of just focusing on VM ware ?

49 Posts

July 6th, 2017 02:00

Hi Ian,

I'm afraid not

Even the just released AppSync 3.5 release doesn't have support for it.

The last information i received from EMC is that it isn't even on the roadmap.

No Events found!