Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2013 07:00

Where can I find the AppSync Support Matrix?

Hello,

I am just deploying AppSync in our lab and the documentation keeps referring to the "AppSync Support Matrix" but when I search for "AppSync Support Matrix" on support.emc.com, I don't get any results.  Can someone send me the URL for the AppSync Support Matrix?

Thanks,

Bill

October 29th, 2013 07:00

You need to go to elab navigator to get any/all support matrixes. Try this link:

https://elabnavigator.emc.com/vault/pdf/EMC_AppSync.pdf

October 29th, 2013 10:00

You can find it under Software  >  Information Management  Software  >  EMC  >  AppSync

143 Posts

October 29th, 2013 11:00

In the case of 100% virtual environment (virtual SQL server, virtual Exchange server, virtual AppSync server, and virtual mount host), all running Windows 2008 R2 SP1, does the STORport driver even matter, since Fibre Channel to the Windows OS isn't being used?  In that case can I skip the STORport hotfixes too?

For the latest STORPort driver, I would go to the "EMC page" of the Emulex or QLogic website to get the EMC approved version.  (I have no experience with Brocade or Cisco HBAs, but I assume they have an EMC page like Emulex and QLogic do)

please do not just get the "latest" from the vendor's website...go to the EMC Page of the vendors website for the latest EMC approved version.

Hope this helps!

143 Posts

Thanks guys, that was just what I needed.  Next question is how to determine what is the "EMC supported" version of the STORport driver for Windows 2008 R2 SP1.  I also see that I need hotfixes KB2468345 and KB975921, but I am not sure if I need to first upgrade the STORport driver and then apply these hotfixes, or if the hotfixes are good enough alone?

Thanks,

Bill

No Events found!