Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2009 21:00

Access problems from CaaS to other cloud facilities (emccis, storage, etc)

For some reason I currently can not access cloud storage from within a VM running in the CaaS environment.

Systems had been running fine and I hadn't updated those services, and after another check I realized I cannot access the portal either (emccis) from my CaaS VM (but I can from both inside and outside the EMC firewall).

I thought it was me (hence the post midnight debug session -- darn, I was off to bed but this was bugging me! ) but now I'm not so sure.

BTW --- post time/date says 10:45PM, but looking at my wall clock it is clearly quarter of one in the morning for me (EST).  Someone not doing time localization?

5 Posts

January 3rd, 2010 15:00

Chris, has this been resolved? I see the post was about a week or so ago. I ran into the same issue on my rhel53 x64 image (deployed either with public or private only IP). It seems that I can't reach the compute service (REST API) from within the cloud, e.g.

# . setenv.sh

CLOUD_HOME=/root/aocs/cli

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default

CLOUD_ENDPOINT=http://compute.emccis.com/compute

# emc-caas-getappliancelist --username XXX --password YYY --org ZZZ --vdc WWW

Cannot connect to target URI

# traceroute compute.emccis.com

traceroute to compute.emccis.com (10.241.23.143), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets

1  172.16.143.1 (172.16.143.1)  2.889 ms !X * *

# telnet compute.emccis.com 80

Trying 10.241.23.142...

telnet: connect to address 10.241.23.142: Connection refused

Trying 10.241.23.143...

telnet: connect to address 10.241.23.143: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

The compute.emccis.com resolved to a different IP internally then it does externally (e.g. when you do it from a laptop at home). I even tried contacting the public IP for the compute service (208.48.63.13) but couldn't reach it from the cloud.

anyone with a clue here?

27 Posts

January 4th, 2010 04:00

Not sure why my email answer didn't show up.  Here it is again:

My issue was from the compute to the storage accesspoint.

The problem in resolving names to ip addresses still existed the last time I checked.  I work around by putting the mapping in the hosts file.

No Events found!