Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2015 10:00

Anyone using S3 API with ATMOS?

I'm looking for an easy windows-based utility to validate it has been set up correctly.

We are planning to use ATMOS storage (for the time being) to give our development team "internal S3 buckets".  I think we will create a subtenent when a group requests access, then send them the subtenant name, ID, UID, and Shared Secret.  Prior to releasing to our general public, I wanted to validate it is set up correctly and usable.  I work for a very secure company and am unable to just downlad and install internet utilities on my laptop.  I have to request the utility and it goes through a certification process.

So...I see there are a number of utilities available, but wondering what others may use.  I think I would like to use the AWS cli since it can be installed on Windows (as well as Linux and Mac), and could be useful for others in our company.  I read through the setup and belive it will work (although the region parm might cause a challange).

Is there anyone using this utility?  Any other suggestions?  Need Linux, MAC, and Windows.  ANd, would rpefer free ;-).

Thanks,

Mike

281 Posts

January 26th, 2015 18:00

Hi Mike,

I answered you in the other thread, but we have not tested with the AWS CLI.  Are you looking for CLI or GUI applications?  One we've had success with is Cyberduck.  If you have a load balancer that can terminate port 443 and forward to Atmos, you can use its S3 driver out of the box.  If you want to connect to Atmos on port 8080, you can create a 'cyberduckprofile' file that overrides the port, such as I have on this page for ViPR/ECS: Connecting to ViPR Data Services with Cyberduck

5 Posts

January 26th, 2015 18:00

THANK YOU! I was looking for either or both!

No Events found!