Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2016 01:00

GeoDrive stub size

Hello,

i have a drive that is configured as a stub. It seems that it is working properly, i can see the X next to file (uploded to server) but it still uses my local disk space. Now my local disk is full and i can't upload files to my Atmos server even though there is a lot of free space. Does it suppose to be like this?

stub.jpg

Best regards,

Mark

16 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 05:00

Chances are the files with the X overlay in the icon are not taking up any disk space. You can verify this by temporarily setting a Process Exclude on Explorer inside GeoDrive (Options >> Processes tab). Doing this means that GeoDrive will keep its hands off any file operations by Explorer. You'll see the file system just as it is. In other words, you should see all stubbed files with file size of 0. You should be able to determine where the disk is being used this way.

You may want to move your cloud drive folder to a different drive that has more disk space. Doing this is pretty simple: just delete the drive entry, which will delete all the files on the local disk without affecting what is on Atmos. Then create a new drive entry. Click on Advanced and at the top specify a folder on another drive. It cannot take the root directory of the disk.

When you want to remove the Process Exclude keep in mind that just removing the exclude will not affect running processes. After you remove the process exclude, you need to restart Explorer. You can do this by logging out and back in.

10 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 06:00

Thanks for reply but It didnt change anything. Files size is 0 but as you can see below the data uses 300GB !! I have few TB free space on Atmos server.

process_exclude_explorer.jpg

hard drives.jpg

G:\ is local cache

S:\ is drive - STUB

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Mark

16 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 08:00

Setting the process exclude wasn't going to change anything. It was just to allow you to find where the files are in the volume that are taking up the space and to assure you that the stubbed files are actually not taking up space. You'd need to search the disk to find where the space is being used.

If you can't find it, it is possible that a lot of space is being used up in System Volume Information. Restore points and other disk structures go in there. If you can't find where the space is being used, it is possible that the $REPARSE file is the culprit. If so, I would guess you have a LOT of small files that have been stubbed out. I'm not sure if there is a way to determine the size of the $REPARSE file.

No Events found!