Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

February 22nd, 2023 07:00

PowerMax\Unishpere

Working to develop an automated report to list all authorized accounts and roles from all our DELL Technology products for auditing purposes.  I have been able pull the information from a majority of our systems, but can't not seem to find any API calls for this via for the PowerMax\Unisphere for powermax side.   Anyone have any luck with pulling a list of authorized users from the authorized users and groups via a rest call?  

February 28th, 2023 01:00

Hi , We have successfully compleed a  similar task but used the symcli / SYMAPI interface as I do not think that information is available via the REST API .  You may have luck trying that way using the symauth commands.  

419 Posts

February 28th, 2023 01:00

@big scottish steve is correct, the API doesn't support this right now, but you should raise an enhancement request, it's on the backlog at the moment for a future release, but the more customers that put their name to it will help prioritize.  For now if you can use symauth you can get what you need.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

February 28th, 2023 05:00

Thank you both for for the information.   I really didn't want to go the SYMCLI route as it would require another automation script outside of the single one I have now for all my other DELL Technology platforms, but it is what is is.   I will create  enhancement request and see where it goes. 

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 1st, 2023 02:00

something fun to explore,  selenium. I've used it with python to get data from "browser-only" interfaces. It's like screen scraping with bash but sometimes that's all we got.

No Events found!