Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

March 6th, 2014 16:00

Asktime bug Australia and China - fixed or not?

There is an existing KB article esg130437 which describes a specific procedure for adding new nodes to a grid in Aus and China.

In these time zones, this procedure must be followed (and I have done this on several occasions).

Now...the article claims the bug will be fixed in Version 7.  However the "add capacity" document that is generated via the proc-gen still includes this warning

1. IMPORTANT:    For Avamar systems in Australia and China, refer to KB article esg130437.  Do not run asktime per the instructions in this procedure.  Instead, follow the steps in the KB article.

I can't clearly determine if this bug has been addressed or not in version 7.  Who would I ask?   I'm getting ready to add some new nodes to a grid recently updated to 7.  My inclination is to continue using the workaround.  I just wish these things could be made a bit clearer.

any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

2K Posts

March 7th, 2014 06:00

This specific issue with timezones in Australia and China was fixed in Avamar 7 via bug 45779. Thank you for bringing this to my attention -- I have passed it along to the ProcGen maintainers.

March 11th, 2014 22:00

I thought deployment folks in affected time zones might be interested to know...I just completed adding 2 nodes to a grid at version 7.  All went well, no need to use the workaround.  I just followed the procgen document and ignored the warning about asktime.  

For grids still running version 6 or older, I would still take careful note of the KB article.

No Events found!