Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2012 09:00

Avamar 6.1 GLR for VMWare GUI issue

I found an interesting issue over the last 24 hours with the GLR functionality for VMWare proxy backups in the Administrative GUI.

1. Full VM and VMDK restores work from any combination of the platrforms in use (Windows 7 - 64bit, XP - 32bit, Server 2k3 -64bit, and MAC OSX10.7)

2. GLR - individual file restores from an AVFS presentation of the VMDK backup to a proxy work from clients running the Admin GUI on XP - 32bit and Server 2k3 - 64bit

3. GLR browse fails from Windows 7 - 64bit and MAC OSX 10.7 clients with the following error "The VMDK filename is not valid or present. Verify that the proxy was correctly registered using the supported method in the documentation."

So - my question is, Is this a Admin GUI compatibility issue or Java issue and how can I get this to work on Windows 7?

I have an SR opened that I need to update with this new discovery, but I thought I would put this out to the community....

Thanks!

307 Posts

June 4th, 2012 11:00

Hello,

Do you have multiple vCenters registered to the MCS, this error may appear if mcs is selecting a flr proxy which is located on a different vCenter than the source VM of the backup.

11 Posts

June 5th, 2012 05:00

Hi Jonathan

Did you get feedback on your SR? We experience exactly the same problem. And as we have only one vcenter it can not be the issue Sandeep mentions.........

Sam

June 5th, 2012 07:00

No, just 1 vcenter.

June 5th, 2012 10:00

No, the proxys are all registered correctly. The issue is the Avamar Administrator interface works correctly (i.e. proxy backups are browseable) when run from a laptop/vm/server/etc running Windows XP, but it fails to browse when running from a machine running Windows 7. This is an interface problem.

307 Posts

June 5th, 2012 10:00

Ok, Can you please try to re-register the flr proxy and then try the FLR from Avamar administrator

11 Posts

December 12th, 2012 00:00

Is there any news on this? We have the problem not only with Windows 7, also from other platforms.............

Finally, rebooting all the proxies solved the problem............

4 Posts

June 5th, 2013 05:00

We also see this at a customers site. Also with a Windows 7 Admin Client. But we got the error only on some VMs.

And a restart of the Java Gui helped in this case.

Is there a list of affected OS versions? Or is it perhaps a problem with the java version?

1 Message

November 12th, 2013 11:00

I have the same issue, Proxy reboot works for me too...

No Events found!