Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2015 19:00

Avamar 7.1 policy based replication timeout setting

All,

would like to know if we can set timeout setting in Avamar 7.1 policy based replication . To run replications for more than 24 hours , I understand that we can allow overtime in policy tab for MC_System and run replication.But, to stop that replication, do we have to manually kill it or we can have timeout in place as we have in cron based

Thanks

82 Posts

March 26th, 2015 00:00

You can edit the Replication schedule used for your replication under manage schedules.

62 Posts

March 26th, 2015 01:00

I would like to run replication for 40 hours continuously as its my initial replication . How can I set it

82 Posts

March 26th, 2015 02:00

Under replication Groups--->Edit your current replication group----> Under overview section click on more options------> give the attribute and its desired values.[replscript]timeout=XXXX. Where XXXX is time you desired in seconds. By default it is set to 72000=20hrs

62 Posts

March 26th, 2015 19:00

Thanks for reply

So, that setting overwrites the replication schedule ?

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 09:00

Can we set the attribute timeout to no timeout?

example: [replscript]timeout=0

498 Posts

March 17th, 2016 13:00

if you never let the job finish it will never pick up new items to be replicated

replication runs down the domain list (as seen in the admin window)

when it reaches the bottom the replication job ends

Example:  I start backups at 7 pm

I start replication at 10 pm

replication starts at the top (note this can be edited for a job to do different areas - see source in your job)

at 11 pm replication has reached my third domain

at 11 pm a backup job starts in the second domain - this will not be replicated in currently running job

it reaches the end of my last domain and the job ends (even if it has more time left to run)

When the replication job start tomorrow at 10 pm this backup will be in the replication list.

No Events found!