Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2010 07:00

Avamar Image Proxy backup v5

Hiya,

I have followed the instructions from the Avamar 5.0 Systems Administration Guide from Page 449 to set up Avamat Image Proxy Backup

Create Dedicated vCenter User Account for Use With Avamar (page 456)

Configure MCS-to-vCenter Authentication (page 456)

Deploying an Avamar Image Backup Proxy VM Appliance (page 459)

Windows File-Level Restore Setup and Configuration (page 461)

Adding a vCenter Client (page 464)

Adding Virtual Machine Clients (page 467)

Adding a VMware Image Proxy (page 472)

When trying to run a backup the activity log is just saying Waiting-Client and never starts

I have been back through the whole lot and set it all up again and am getting them error message. Not sure what exactly is going on?

Any help appreciated

18 Posts

May 18th, 2010 16:00

Have you edited the Linux Proxy and added Data stores corresponding to the VM ? (Backup fails if you miss this, but just to double check)

Waiting client is the stage usually happens when vCenter actions are performed (like copying vmx, nvram, snapshot creation and reconfiguring the proxy client). Check vCenter for this activities. May be snapshot takes lot of time?.

Check netstat -a on linux client - it should establish connections to avamar utility node and storage nodes on actual backups. Good to review the logs under /usr/local/avamar/var on it aswell.

27 Posts

May 19th, 2010 02:00

Hiya,

I left this to run overnight and it actually worked absolutely fine.

I made sure I had the datastores checked on the proxy which was fine.

Also made sure I had put everything as FQDN as the first install I did I hadn't and then I'd renamed both proxys's in VMware on top of that!

Thanks for the advice. I guess I was being too impatient yesterday!

No Events found!