Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2012 10:00

Avamar Install Issue -- Network Configuration (Was: Re: Ask the Expert: Avamar Server management best practices)

Hi Ian, nice to meet you.

My name is Victor Santos, and I am new in this Avamar World.

I am installing a new Avamar Backup Solution with 7 nodes (1 utility, 1 spare and 5(3.9TB each onde) storage nodes.

Let's see if you can help me.

I configured all nodes each onde with a different IP adress (Eth1 and Eth3), configured switch A and B, installed avamar bootstrap and now I am stucked in Avamar Installation Manager, where it ask me for enter de number of storage nodes.

I filled all the fileds of all tabs with correct information, but at tab "NetWork Config", I got de following error message:

ERROR: No data node found.

So, I can`t complete the installation.

Print Screen.

Thanks for the help.avamar error.jpg

2K Posts

July 30th, 2012 11:00

I moved this question from the best practices thread since it's not really a best practices question.

Did you follow the hardware and software installation procedures in the Avamar Procedure Generator? I reviewed the procedures and could not find any references to manually setting the IP addresses of eth1 and eth3. These NICs are for Avamar's internal network connectivity and should be cabled to the Avamar communications modules and configured as a bond on network 192.168.255.0/24 unless that IP range is already in use out on the customer network somewhere.

I would recommend opening a service request at S2 and stating that you are an implementer on-site performing an Avamar implementation. This will ensure that your SR is routed to the Implementation Support Team who are best qualified to assist.

August 2nd, 2012 10:00

Hey Ian, it's me again.

I installed Avamar simulation .ISO (SLES), and all the times I installed (utility node), the .AVP installation package doesn't appears in Avamar Installation Manager. I just checked that actually, it shows SW UPDATES, not SW Releases. I installed a lot of times, and it always happens. I got a client with this same problem.

Do you know anything about that?

I followed all the procedures in Avamar Installation Guide.

Tks anyway.

PrintScreen to ilustrate the problem.Avamar No SW Releases.jpg

2K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 10:00

The following log will give you information about what the avinstaller is doing when it's processing a package:

/usr/local/avamar/var/avi/server_log/avinstaller.log.0

Look for messages that talk about the AvamarInstallSles package. If the package is still processing, the log will tell you what the installer is doing. If the package has been rejected, the log will tell you why.

August 6th, 2012 07:00

avinstaller.log.0.jpg

This tell you something?

I still  can't view the package.

When logging into Avamar Installation Manager, it stills shows SW UPDATES, not SW RELEASES.

August 26th, 2012 12:00

Hey Ianderson.

I wonder if you could help me one more time.

I am implementing an Avamar System (production site now), and at 62% of .avp installation, it returns me an error with "gsan initializating failed".

Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue?

Following a print screen:gsan_failure.jpg

2K Posts

September 28th, 2012 10:00

I apologize for not getting back to you but I was on vacation when this message came in and missed it when I got back to the office.

I presume you have resolved this issue by now but if you run into an error like this in future, I would recommend opening a service request with the implementation support team.

No Events found!