Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2012 11:00

Avamar One-To-Many Replication Setup

Is it possible to set up a secondary replication target for a server from the Admin Console or Enterprise manager?

From what I can tell the only way to set it up is via creating a repl_custom.cfg file under /usr/local/avamar/etc/

Thanks!

2K Posts

There are also no known bugs in the next version

You would have to set up a second replication job via a second cfg file to replicate to two different targets. I'd recommend filing an RPQ for this and / or working with support to make sure it's being implemented according to current best practice. A configuration with multiple replication jobs may break during upgrades so it needs extra attention at upgrade time which is why I recommend an RPQ.

This replication would have to be monitored from the command line since the GUI wouldn't be aware of it.

2K Posts

Not possible from the GUI for the moment. There are changes coming to replication in the next version of Avamar that may make this easier.

91 Posts

All the cool features are still "in the next version"

Am I on the right track with setting things up via cfg file? The only reference I can find is an old white paper from 2011 (specific section starts on the bottom of page 19): http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/white-papers/h8245-avamar-replication-wp.pdf

Would monitoring for this replication have to be monitored via command line as well?

Thanks

2K Posts

November 13th, 2012 12:00

Always happy to help!

91 Posts

November 13th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for the information, definitly appreciated.

No Events found!