Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2016 00:00

Avamar Virtual Edition with multiple networks

Hi,

I´m currently running an AVE with 7.3 in our lab environement for testing purposes.

We have some "official" network within the lab (let´s call it Network #1) and everything is running fine. Now we have an additional network limited to the ESX-Cluster (not routed outside) which is called Network #2. This one is configured on a seperate vSwitch.

Is it possible to just add another vNIC with Network #2 to the AVE-Appliance to get client-backups running over this subnet as well?

Thanks,

Markus

53 Posts

November 11th, 2016 17:00

You will need to add a new interface for the second network, then restart the gsan.

Then you need to map the hostname of Avamar to the second IP for the proxies.

--Beta

53 Posts

November 10th, 2016 22:00

Is the Network #2 for VMware backup?  The multiple networks are supported, but we need special configuration like VLAN. The probe.xml needs to be added with additional interface. I am not sure if there is a procedure published to customers.

--Beta

November 11th, 2016 00:00

Yep - Network #2 would be for backup purposes as we have a seperated, isolated Demo-Environment running in our vSphere. I´m a partner so also have access to the customer service procedures in SolVe - Even if I´m not really aware of any procedures in regards of probe.xml

But might be the case I have not payed enough attention to this ;-)

November 12th, 2016 09:00

mmh restarting gsan now hangs in "checking for server ready - please wait"... any ideas? :-)

53 Posts

November 14th, 2016 19:00

can you paste out the probe.xml and the gsan log?

--Beta

November 18th, 2016 00:00

Hi,

seems that I had an issue with my AVE itself.... After doing a clean-install and adding your syntax to probe.xml it worked fine and as expected :-)

Thank you very much!

No Events found!