Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

March 28th, 2019 06:00

Avamar backup fails

avtar Error <0000>: calling system(), returns nonzero failed to open for write synthesis file container '/STAGING/xxxxx/BACKUP-xxxxxxxxxxxx/container.1.cdsf', DDR stream handle 1
avtar FATAL <16537>: Could not create fileddr container container.1.cdsf for write, result: 536870919
 avtar Error <0000>: I/O error failed to execute beginMarker in a container for backup
 avtar Error <0000>: I/O error failed when writing to a file in a container for backup, length 72 bytes at offset 0, remaining bytes 72
 avtar FATAL <5352>: MAIN: Unhandled standard exception failed when writing to a file in a container for backup, length 72 bytes at offset 0, remaining bytes 72

I came across this error on Avamar and the scheduled backup failed. i want to fix this but i have some knowledge to  avamar but i couldn't fix it.  please i need somebody to  help me out?

1 Message

March 9th, 2020 09:00

I have this same issue that just showed up on iDPA. THis is the first time in any of our avamar systems this error shown up.What is strange is that I do not get this error when I run an On Demand backup.  i only see this with the scheduled backups

1 Message

March 14th, 2020 04:00

Looks like there is a problem writing to Data Domain, did you see any errors or warning connecting to DD in the earlier part of the avtar logs?

No Events found!