Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 27th, 2011 01:00

Avamar custom reports

Hi,

is it possible in Avamar to create a custom report ?

I know you have Tools -> Manage Reports ... and all these reports have a file script name ..xxx.sql

But I can not find a way to call from the Avamar graphical interface my custom sql script.

Thank you!

Dan

240 Posts

May 27th, 2011 05:00

Dan,

In the Avamar Administrators guide there is a section on reports. In that section is a sub-section titled “Creating A New Report” and it explains how to create a custom report.

1. Start Avamar Administrator

2. Select Tools > Manage Reports…

The Manage All Reports dialog box appears.

3. In the clients tree, select the domain to which you want to add the new

report and click New.

The New Report dialog box appears.

There you enter the data you want in the report, select a database view to use for this report and add custom filters.

The admin guide can be located on PowerLink at Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ A-B ~ Documentation > Avamar

On the left column, expand Avamar Software then select your version.

I hope this helps!

Mark Bellows

181 Posts

May 27th, 2011 06:00

Hi Mark,

thank you for your answer !

I know that feature but I want to create my own sql script and run this from the Avamar graphical interface.

I have an ODBC connection to the Avamar database and run through pgAdmin some postgreSQL scripts (viewuser user) in order to retriev the data I need in format that I need.

For example the reports from Avamar GUI can not extract data for more than 1 client in the same report and can not exclude some columns that I don't need.

Thank you!

Dan

266 Posts

May 27th, 2011 10:00

Dan,

What exactly you want to see/have in your script ?

regards,
.r

12 Posts

May 16th, 2017 04:00

Hello Dan

Are you able to call from the Avamar graphical interface. Even i am trying to do the same.

If you are able to do it kindly assist me doing the same.

May 16th, 2017 06:00

This thread is 6 years old and a lot has changed with Avamar in that time.

There is now an Avamar Reports Guide which explains the standard reports as well as covering in detail how to create custom reports.

If you'd still like to seek help from forum members you might find it more effective to create a new question / thread to enable you to flag responses that are helpful or which answer your query.

No Events found!