Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 15th, 2016 13:00

Backing up NDMP accelerator

After updating our Avamar to 7.2.1-21 I was told that we can now back up our NDMP accelerator the same as we'd back up any other Linux filesystem client.

Avamar automatically adds the accelerator as a client when I run avregister to register the NDMP clients, but I cannot browse the accelerator from Avamar (Backup, Restore and Manage) and when I try to do a backup it says there's no data.

How do I back up the accelerator?

Thanks.

336 Posts

Because I was told I could. A backup gives me less re-configuration to do if/when the accelerator fails. It also means that if I mess up the configuration for one of my NDMP clients I can put it back without any hassle.

2K Posts

This might sound like a stupid question but... why are you trying to back up your NDMP accelerator?

2K Posts

January 27th, 2016 08:00

In theory, it's just a regular Linux client for the purpose of filesystem backups. In practice... I've never heard of anyone doing this and I can't find anything in the documentation saying it's supported.

336 Posts

Is it possible to back up the NDMP accelerator?

336 Posts

Hmm, that's strange. The tech who did our upgrade definitely told me it was a new feature that we could back up the NDMP accelerator.

It must be registered differently, or something, because while the client appears to be there in Avamar it's not browsable.

No Events found!