Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 8th, 2015 06:00

Backup Terminated on client side issue

Out of the 500+ clients I have backed up for my company, one refuses to cooperate. After activation and trying to run a backup I receive a Backup Terminated message as soon as the backup is initiated (as pictured below).

Backup Terminated.png

This is on a windows 7 x32 machine. On the Avamar side there is a generic error 10007 with no data in the session log. The configuration for the backup is working on hundreds of other similar machines. Any help where to look for a cause on this would be very much appreciated! I have already attempted to completely reinstall the client on the users machine, rebooted, tried on another profile, used a different network connection.

38 Posts

October 13th, 2015 09:00

I'd check for the existence of an avtar.cmd file in the installation path for the client software

2K Posts

October 14th, 2015 07:00

Try running a backup from the Avamar GUI -- it looks like this client may be configured to disallow client-initiated backups.

498 Posts

October 19th, 2015 09:00

there should be a log file on the client that you can look at to see more info

November 6th, 2015 10:00

Sorry for the long reply time for this, the user works offsite and is hard to reach to do testing. There were files left after removing the client from the machine. I manually removed them and a reinstall fixed this!

No Events found!