Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2011 06:00

Change domain of Avamar AVE

Hey guys, can someone point me in the right direction to change the domain name of my Avamar AVE?  The IP and hostname will stay the same.  It will just go from company.com to company1.com.  Obviously not the real domains but just to give you an example of what I mean.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

266 Posts

January 21st, 2011 07:00

Hello dwilk1973,

Since you changing essential system name parameters like "resolv.conf" "hosts" ... "ifcfg-ETH"  and Avamar's host information with apropriate avamar syntaxes (detailed described in document), this should be the same thing .

regards,

Rej

63 Posts

I did look at this document.  It seems to be more geared towards the changing of the IP.  Is this appropriate for changing the domain of the Avamar Server?

266 Posts

Home >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Support >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Technical Documentation and Advisories >                                                                                                                                                               Software ~ A-B ~ Documentation                     >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Avamar >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Technical Notes

Changing the Name and IP Addressing of Avamar Systems Avamar 4.x or Later Technical Note

63 Posts

January 21st, 2011 11:00

worked like a charm! Thanks

63 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 16:00

One thing I want to add in the event someone else runs into this in teh future when going through the IP / hostname renmaing document.   When you run the lockbox command to rekey with the new information and your password has a character like < or !  you need to put the password in double quotes or if you use a $ you need single quotes around password otherwise you get an error running the command.  I think the Linux side of Avamar is trying to interpret it as something else. 

No Events found!