Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2017 11:00

Create Schedule for Select Months (not every month)

I have a need to run select backups once every 3 months. In creating the schedule in Avamar I only see the option for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, On Demand. In the Monthly area, you can only select a specific date or specific day. This option is for Every month.

I need to set this schedule to only run every THREE months (on select months).

Is there a way to set this up in Avamar?

Thank you.

March 28th, 2017 00:00

The Avamar server is effectively an appliance and making changes to it (such as scheduling miscellaneous commands) isn't permitted without approval from Engineering & Product Management via an 'RPQ'.  Your account manager would be the right person to contact to discuss if you'd like to investigate that option.

Another alternative could be to use an external Linux machine installed with MCCLI and to schedule MCCLI (backup) commands to be run on the Avamar server at a desired interval.  Again - your account manager would be the right person to discuss this with as they could engage Professional Services to investigate and provide more specific advice.

March 23rd, 2017 17:00

I don't think it's possible to do it in the Avamar Administrator GUI. What's the OS of the client you are trying to backup? Is it possible to schedule it on the client side via task scheduler (Windows) or cron (linux) ?

58 Posts

March 24th, 2017 07:00

Hello,

There are about 4 exchange databases, 10+ SQL DBs and 15+ file servers (2008 OS) I need to run Quartely Point in Times on. Doing anything server side is not possible.

March 27th, 2017 02:00

One possibility to explore could be to schedule monthly backups but use an Avamar pre-script on the client to decide whether to issue a return code that would allow the backup to proceed. 

The Avamar Administration guide discusses pre/post script functionality if you'd like to investigate that option.

58 Posts

March 27th, 2017 12:00

Are there sample scripts I could build off of that would be placed on the server (and run via task scheduler every 3 months) that would take a backup and then replication that backup with a permanent end date?

One client is OS 2008 and the other is AIX.

thanks!

No Events found!