Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2012 11:00

Failed to connect to Administrator Server

Hi,

I have trouble accessing the Avamar server (6.0.1.66) with Avamar Administrator from other servers than we did the initial install on.

When I try to connect I get this error after about a couple of minutes

"Failed to connect to Administrator Server.

Connection refused to host: ******.***.**"

I've checked that I got network access to the utility node on all relevant ports, so it's probably not a firewall/routing issue. What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Regards,

Petter

544 Posts

April 24th, 2012 19:00

Hi Petter,

Are you sure that EMS is in active state  ? Please check with the "dpnctl status" command

I recommend you to start your Avamar server, as restarting all services could solve the problem.

If the problem still the same after restarting the Avamar server, you have to check hosts file as it seems to be a naming resolution issue.

Waiting your updates.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

April 24th, 2012 23:00

EMS is active, and using Avamar Administrator from the server we did the initial installation is working fine;

dpnctl status gives me;

dpnctl status

dpnctl: INFO: gsan status: up

dpnctl: INFO: MCS status: up.

dpnctl: INFO: EMS status: up.

dpnctl: INFO: Backup scheduler status: up.

dpnctl: INFO: dtlt status: up.

dpnctl: INFO: axionfs status: up.

dpnctl: INFO: Maintenance windows scheduler status: enabled.

The server we did the intial initial install (where Avamar Administrator is working) have got a hostrecord for the Utility node. And the same record also exist in DNS, I've tried adding it on my client, but it didn't make any difference.

/ Petter

April 26th, 2012 14:00

I found the problem earlier today,

avamar-management is in one network(172.19.x.x) without route to the server network

avamar-utilitynode is in the server network (172.16.x.x)

And the server we did the initial install is multihomed in both server and avamar-management network, I just missed that when I reviewed the installation earlier this week.

Regards,

Petter

544 Posts

April 26th, 2012 15:00

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your updates,

Yeah i was meaning that you have a communication or connectivity issue, so you need to check that as your system services are up and running , so the other root cause for sure is communication and connectivity problem.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

No Events found!