Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2011 18:00

Granular Level Restore in Exchange 2010

Is anyone out there using this plugin?

We've got a 2010 DAG environment, and it's all been set up as per the document for GLR. When attempting to browse the database, i get the following error...

avexchglr Error <0000>: Invalid mount letter, most likely caused by AvFS mount failure.

Any ideas?

121 Posts

October 30th, 2011 10:00

Apply hotfix 29565 (ftp://avamar_ftp:anonymous@ftp.avamar.com/software/hotfixes/29565 ) and specify CAS server if you have more than one on mailbox server in a avexchglr.cmd under C:\Program Files\avs\var. Create file if it doesn’t exists already.

--cas_override=FQDN of CAS server

September 5th, 2011 07:00

Hi

This might have caused by the Exchange server that does not contain any active databse copies, please try the following .

1. The Exchange server must have at least one unused (available) drive letter in order to perform Exchange

GLR browse and restore operations.

2. GLR browsing may fail on an Exchange server that does not contain any active database copies. If the Exchange server that GLR browse operations are being performed on does not contain any active database copies, the browse operation may fail with the error "Backup browse result is empty." To remedy this, redirect the GLR browse operation to an Exchange server that contains active database copies.

59 Posts

September 8th, 2011 18:00

Hi Rudresh,

We had taken into account those two suggestions, but still no luck! On training this week, but will hopefully look into it more next week.

October 4th, 2011 02:00

Same problem here.

I had no active database and activated one to try this but no luck.

Can't get GLR to work...

Is it me or the EXC2010 support is still very weak from EMC side?

Guess I need to make an SR.

Cheers

59 Posts

October 4th, 2011 14:00

Hi Carlos,

What error are you getting when trying to browse?

We're getting "backup browse result is empty" as a result of having IPv6 enabled on the mailbox host. (Confirmed by checking the mapi log under the avs/var. We've since disabled IPv6, but still can't get the darn thing to work. Waiting for EMC support to get back to us on what to do next.

59 Posts

October 31st, 2011 16:00

Thanks Sameer,

We finally got it all sorted out this week. There were a number of things we had to do to get this working, and installing that hotfix was one of them, due to the CAS role existing on a seperate host to the mailbox server.

I'd list everything else we had to do, but i'd be here forever.

No Events found!