Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2010 11:00

Is AVAMAR able to do Item, site, and site collection level restores for sharepoint

I am using Avamar 5.0 to backup our sharepoint server.  We are using the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server vs 5.0.1 plugin.  When we try to simulate doing a restore, however, we are not able to drill down to item level.  Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it? 

13 Posts

May 11th, 2010 12:00

I'm wondering the same thing?

anyone know the answer to this?

//henric

144 Posts

September 9th, 2010 04:00

I'm also wandering the same thing.

144 Posts

September 15th, 2010 04:00

I was configuring a sharepoint backup of Sharepoint 2007 sp2 on SErver 2008 R2. We have Avamar 5 sp2

The backup finishess successfully.

But we see no items to restore. I have the feeling that the sharepoint plugin does not support item level restores / granular restores. At least not in this MOSS farm.

Johannes

144 Posts

September 16th, 2010 04:00

It turnes out that Avamar 5 sp2 can't do a single item restore from a Sharepoint backup. It's supposed to be possible in Avamar 6, which is going to be released Q1 2011.

We also have NetWorker. But the most recent version of the NMM module that supports sharepoint backups, does not support Windows Server 2008 R2. On top of that, we've had a hard time with NMM the last two years. My company is currently looking into getting other solutions for backing up Sharepoint, such as Avepoint DocAve. Thats a really cool backup solution for Sharepoint.

Johannes

1 Message

January 28th, 2011 08:00

This is the same issue we have been having.  Turns out Avamar 6 has the ability to perform granular restores, but in order for it to work you have to purchase Kroll Ontrack PowerControls as well.  PowerControls is in the EMC Select catalog.  The latest word we have is that Avamar 6 is slotted for release in Q2 of 2011.

No Events found!