Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 2nd, 2011 06:00

Launch avtar and specyfing the group

Hello

Is there a way to launch a backup from command line (under AIX), and specifying the group to use ?

thanks

Christophe

266 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 01:00

Christophe,

As far as I know there is no possibilities for this.

This is client initiated backup/snapup and for example this below could be used ...

--label=NAME

--retention-type={daily | monthly | none | weekly | yearly}

regards,

Rej

14 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 07:00

if you are on Avamar 5.0 and later, you should have a pdf guide on your grid called something like 'MCCLI programmers guide' that have all the command line options available to you.  The guides are displayed in the area where you download the clients as well.

I personally have not had a reason to not use the java-based scheduler with Avamar using AIX since it works flawlessly imo.  But I do script the fracture and sync of the clariion clones we use for backups at the AIX command line.  I'm pretty sure you can do it as long as you have the dataset, and retention rule set.

Here's the link to the guide on Powerlink:

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-008-818.pdf?mtcs=ZXZlbnRUeXBlPUttQ2xpY2tDb250ZW50RXZlbnQsZG9jdW1lbnRJZD0wOTAxNDA2NjgwNDhkMGE1LGRvY3VtZW50VHlwZT1wZGYsbmF2ZU5vZGU9QmF0Y2hEb3dubG9hZC0x

No Events found!