Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 29th, 2014 06:00

MCCLI Command to show clients with no backup

Hello, I am looking for an MCCLI command that will list avamar clients with no backups for say the last 1 or 2 days.  I guess if there is a psql query that would work as well.  Any ideas?

1.2K Posts

July 29th, 2014 08:00

If you have Data Protection Advisor installed in your environment, there are a few canned reports that will notify you if you have clients with no successful backups.

Hope this helps!

63 Posts

July 29th, 2014 08:00

We do have DPA but have abandon it since it does not support our Atmos / Isilon.  We used it for failed backups but it does not report when the schedules don't run.  What canned report are you referring too?

DPA isn't reporting on container clients within an avamar domain either so that is an issue. 

207 Posts

July 29th, 2014 11:00

You can run the following command on your utility node and get the desired result

cat /usr/local/avamar/lib/sql/rptCliUnprotected.sql |sed s/FROM_TIMESTAMP_TOKEN/`date -d 2012-03-02 +%s`/ | sed s/TO_TIMESTAMP_TOKEN/`date -d 2012-10-08 +%s`/ |psql -p 5555 mcdb -U admin

Note : Change the Date value as per your need

Regards

Amol Powar

1.2K Posts

August 11th, 2014 06:00

The report I'm referring to is the canned Failed Backup Report:fail.png

This is a dump of all the Failed Backups that occurred on our Avamar grid.  All of these servers are VMs.  It sounds like something could be wrong with DPA's discovery of your Avamar domain - I didn't have to do a think to get it to see these failures.

498 Posts

August 12th, 2014 07:00

there is a built in report with Avamar - that you can setup to email you.

its the Unprotected report.

498 Posts

August 12th, 2014 08:00

you might also try DPA Three Strikes Report

I get this mailed to me daily

it shows any server that has had 3 failures in a row.

I find this helpful, as some might fail because of a Change Control.

so maybe one night failed, a rerun or the next night should work.

Anything that shows up on the Three Strikes I know MUST be addressed TODAY!

No Events found!