Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2010 08:00

Moving Celerra to new accelerator node

I am running Avamar with an accelerator node (rev. 4.1.0.1470) backing up our Celerra (rev. 5.6.47-11). We have been backing up 10+ file systems at around 500GB each, one file system at a time, over the last few months. I have added a second accelerator node (rev. 5.0.101.32) and would like to move the Celerra and all the backups to it and run multiple backups simultaneously. The original nodes will remain at rev. 4.1.0.1470. How do I move all the backups over? If I cannot move the backups over, can the Celerra be registered to 2 accelerator nodes, one on rev 4 and the other on rev5? What and or how is the best way to handle this?

Thank you, J

11 Posts

May 26th, 2010 10:00

Dont forget of course that you will need to run avregister again to re-register the new accelerator node on the Avamar server.

11 Posts

May 26th, 2010 10:00

Best thing to do is just to replace the accelerator node (rev. 4.1.0.1470) with the second accelerator node (rev. 5.0.101.32).

Run

* avsetupndmp (on Accelerator with version 4.1 and remove the celerra from the list)

* Log in to Avamar Administrator Console on the Avamar Server and Navigate to Policy and remove the Activate checkmark on the ndmp instance(s) defined in the domain where the celerra is activated.

Then

Run

avsetupndmp with the new accelerator node using the same information previously used to configure version 4.1

1. Avamar Server hostname or IP address

2. Celerra hostname or IP address

3. domain defined (Make the domain the same like /clients)

4. discriptive name used to identify the ndmp instance.(Whatever was used like ndmp-1)

No Events found!