Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2015 12:00

Need to have a special group of servers with a hard retention of three years?

Greetings!!  I have been asked to back up a special handful of servers with a unique Hard extended retention. But only certain paths on these servers will need the special 3 year retention.

I figure I will have to add a special retention policy but will I have to have special additional dataset, group, schedule definitions as well?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

219 Posts

October 8th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

so it depends. First of all you need a different retention policy.

If the other data of the server have to backup too, then you need an extra group with the special dataset (certain paths) and the long retention period. Because only one dataset / retention policy combination is allowed per group.

Hopefully these servers have the same pathes and not different one`s. Then you need more then one group & dataset.

I`m not sure if it is recommend to have two different backups at the same time. So also need an extra schedule when the backup is running.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Andreas

3 Posts

October 8th, 2015 09:00

Thanks so much!!

38 Posts

October 13th, 2015 09:00

there are lot of different ways to do this with client overrides or an avtar.cmd file or just multiple groups. You'll have to provide more detail or just determine the easiest path to the desired result.

No Events found!