Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2013 14:00

Oracle Crosscheck 6.1.1-87

Greetings,

I'm curious on the actual flags needed in the RMAN script for RMAN to accurately find all database backups taken through the Avamar Administrator. I'm currently running into issues when trying to clean up my Recovery Catalog where crosschecking the backups marks all backups in the recovery catalog expired. When using any RMAN script on my local server to try and restore something like an SPFILE from Autobackup also constantly fails to find the backup.

There is never an issue with the communication to the Avamar, and RMAN is always able to search the devices, but results are never found.

Is there a particular method that I'm missing in the documentation that is required to access and index the Avamar stored backups when running local RMAN scripts on the database server?

Thanks in advance!

Justin

29 Posts

May 1st, 2013 14:00

Hi Justin

The backups created with the avamar administrator use a special flag called --prefix, the effect of the prefix can be seen in the backup/restore/restore section of the avamar administrator window, when you click on the backup and you are able to expand it you will see a directory to the backup pieces, 11g/ /then the oracle backup pieces

Well, this 11g/ has to be used when doing allocating the channel to do crosschecks

Example:

(in one line), In my lab: the prefix is 10g/ora10g/

allocate channel for maintenance type sbt PARMS  'SBT_LIBRARY=/opt/AVMRclnt/lib/libobk_avamar64.so,ENV=(PATH=/opt/AVMRclnt/bin)'  SEND '"--prefix=10g/ora10g/" "--flagfile=/opt/AVMRclnt/var/flags.txt" "--bindir=/opt/AVMRclnt/bin"';

After that you can do crosscheck OK, if the prefix is omitted the rman will not find the pieces in avamar and all of them will be marked as expired

This also applies to restoringcontrol file ... from backups done through the GUI

HTH

Abdon

5 Posts

May 1st, 2013 19:00

This did the trick.

Thank you very much!

Justin

No Events found!