Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 6th, 2013 13:00

Ports required for DataDomain to function through a firewall

All,

I read the documentation I could find, and I have the basic Avamar services working through a firewall. However I can't seem to crack DataDomain. From the document I have, it looks like all I need is port 2049/TCP? I've opened that both ways, and I'm getting this:

2013-06-06 13:15:13 avtar Error <10542>: Data Domain server "blabla.com", LSU: avamar-1309992906 open failed DDR result code: 5028, desc: rpc connection failure

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

3 Posts

Ugh... aparantly my SSO login doesn't have enough access :\

Access Denied

You do not have permission to visit this document.

If you were directed to the link provided from Data Domain products or materials, please send us that information at  Give Feedback within the support portal.

2K Posts

Take a look at the DDP / DDBoost and  OST (DD BOOST) Connectivity Diagnostic Tool:

This should get you where you need to go.

Edit: This document is internal only. Sorry for the confusion.

2K Posts

If you can get on my.datadomain.com, do a KB search for ostconnchk and it should be the first hit.

143 Posts

June 6th, 2013 14:00

I don't think the KB article is available to external parties.  I only see KB 86089 and 79315 when I search for ostconnchk.

91 Posts

June 7th, 2013 13:00

I can't get to the connectivity tool either.

There are ports additional to 2049 used by Boost. Have you opened those as well?

https://my.datadomain.com/download/kb/appliance/firewall_port_requirements.html

2K Posts

June 7th, 2013 14:00

I also found a link that specifically lists the ports required for DDBoost which is how the Avamar / DataDomain integrated client communicates with the DDR:

https://my.datadomain.com/download/kb/all/OST_firewall_ports_internal.html

I made sure this one is a public article .

3 Posts

June 12th, 2013 16:00

Sorry for the slow response, but it appears I have this working now. I can perform backups and restores anyway, let me put it that way I had to open for Avamar+DDBoost Clients:

TCP/UDP: 111

TCP: 2049 (that one I already had open)

TCP: 2052

Caveat being... I also had to (using SE mode) set the mountd port to above named 2052 using the "nfs set mount-d port" command as mentioned in the above documentation links. I had never backed up a DD client behind a firewall before, thus the portmapper had been free to do whatever before this.

Note to anyone else reading- if you need to replicate DD->DD behind firewalls, some slightly different ports are used. Use the documentation above to figure that one out, my DD's aren't firewalled from each other.

Thanks JWeinsheimer & ianderson.

-Andrew

No Events found!