Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2012 10:00

Proxy for restore files by VMWare (Configuration and setup doubts)

I am adding a proxy server for restore Files since I backup Images, and I read the PDF document EMC® AVAMAR® 6.0 FOR VMWARE®  (page 91)

And when I read this part of the document, I really do not understand very well. Any one can explain me how install those features in Linux OS PROXY or Am I understanding well?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Configuration and setup

This topic describes how to configure and set up the file-level restore feature. Additional required software. The file-level restore feature requires that you

manually install the following additional Microsoft and VMware software on the proxy server:

• Microsoft .Net Framework v2.0

• VMware VIX API Version 1.10.3

Task list. Properly configuring and setting up the Windows file-level restore

feature comprises the following tasks:

• Task 1: Configure and set up Avamar File System (AvFS) and Samba (page92)    Done

• Task 2: Modify mcserver.xml preferences (page 92)   (Pending Samba Installation)

• Task 3: Prepare and deploy Windows file-level restore proxy (page 93)  (Doubts)

307 Posts

June 13th, 2012 07:00

Hello David,

In avamar v6.0, File level restore is supported only on properly configured Windows proxy clients, non-Windows systems are not supported.

So, you can't configure and setup file level restore feature on Linux proxy.

53 Posts

June 13th, 2012 08:00

Thanks

March 18th, 2013 14:00

Does this still apply for Avamar 6.1 and ESXi 5.1?  Also, is there any way to make it so that you don't have to enter any credentials when selecting the VM to restore the files to?

143 Posts

March 18th, 2013 18:00

Avamar 6.1 has an all-new all-in-one universal (i.e. backup and restore) proxy that is a Linux-based OVA that you deploy.  Much nicer than setting up the old FLR proxy.

498 Posts

March 26th, 2013 11:00

I am with fdxpilot - I am on 6.1.1.-87 and I have Linux proxy's.

and I can do FLR. without haveing a special 'restore' proxy.

No Events found!