Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2013 05:00

Redirected SQL Database restore Avamar

Were currenty running on Avamar 6.0 and trying to process a sql database restore request to a different server with the same name. when we try to process this request it fails with the following error: "An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Directory lookup for the file "E:\MSSQL2008R2\Data\ONHR_landing_data.mdf" failed with the operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.)."

My question was is there a way to create a database instance on the destination server through Avamar or do i have to create a database with the same name in SQL server Manager.

Thanks,

AJ

16 Posts

February 20th, 2013 00:00

It depends on how do you want to restore, whether you want to do a direct restore with recovery or direct restore with replace. please refer the document Avamar 6.0 for SQL server guide below for steps from perfroming the restore for SQL database.

https://support.emc.com/docu32492_Avamar-6.0-for-SQL-Server-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Thanks

Rudresh

September 22nd, 2017 05:00

Manually create the path E:\MSSQL2008R2\Data on SQL Server and then trigger the restore from Avamar with "SQL Replace option". Make sure to this this option only to restore user DB's.

7 Posts

September 26th, 2017 07:00

AJ,

This is very generic error, issue cause because of the timed out value. For sqlvdi default time-out value is 10 sec which is generally very less for the backup to complete. I would request you to add flag on avssql.cmd file.

To perform redirect restore with different name you need to create instance on another sql sever and you have to specify the name of the database (anyname) in the restore job if the database doesn't exist on the target server.

Thanks

Rehan

No Events found!