Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 16th, 2010 12:00

Replicate Only Certain Datasets

I am currently backing up 11 datasets but only want to replication 6 of them to our remote location to another AVAMAR appliance?  How can I replication only those 6 and exclude the other 5?

I'm currently running Avamar 4.

49 Posts

February 17th, 2010 12:00

I have found this option in the Avamar Enterprise Manager.

Click Replicator ~ Setup

Then Choose Replicator Type: Selective. Then choose which options you want to replicate.

I'm not sure if this actually works or what this option does, but would like some clarification on this option.avamar.jpg

131 Posts

February 17th, 2010 12:00

This is a good question.

I believe that this is not possible.

I checked on the Command Guide the option Replicate, and not mention anything about choosing a Client Dataset.

Regards,

Hormigo

131 Posts

February 18th, 2010 06:00

Replication Type:

Full: Replicate data for all clients residing on the source Avamar server.

Selective: Include or exclude certain clients from replication operations.

(see Admin Guide - pg: 358)

This option not support Brownsing of the Dataset.

Regards,

Hormigo

207 Posts

February 18th, 2010 06:00

Selective Dataset cannot be replicated its not supported.

Full replication or Selective Client replication is supported

49 Posts

February 18th, 2010 07:00

Selective Client replication IS supported?

Is that what the screen shot above is referring to?  Selective clients? So if I want to replicate only certain clients, then I would choose "Selective" from the options above?

18 Posts

February 18th, 2010 08:00

Hi,

I know for a fact that you can include / exclude clients or entire domains from being replicated.

You just need to add "exclude" or "include" as the need may be in the repl_cron.cfg file.

1 Message

April 14th, 2011 16:00

You can only filter backups by retention. On repl_cron are a parameter called --retention-type. If you don't want to replicate some backup you must to run it on demand and set this parameter like this:  --retention-type=daily,weekly,monthly,yearly. When you run a backup on demand flag retention is set on 'N' and If is the only way to filter a backup for replication.

12 Posts

November 1st, 2016 13:00

You cannot narrow replication down to specific savesets.

You can limit replication to a domain or sub domain.

You would have to place your 6 datasets that you want replicated on their own separate server, and then put that server in its own sub-domain.

Put the datasets that you do not want replicated in the Test domain.

So you could replicate the SQL, and the SQL/Production domains, but not SQL/Test.

/SQL

/SQL/Production

/SQL/Test

No Events found!