Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2013 06:00

Root to Root migration; 6.1SP2 to 7.0

Avamar root to root documentation indicates grids should be @ the same version to avoid issues; I need to migrate a Gen2 6.1SP2 grid to a new Gen4s 7.0 grid, as Gen2 is not eligible for a 7.0 upgrade and is EOSL 31-Dec.

Should I be avoid the R2R migration strategy and plan on doing something else?  Grid is only 8x2TB, so I was thinking of exporting the grouups (datasets, schedules etc) and importing them on the new grid; with the additional functionality of v7 (policy based replication etc) will I run into issues importing them?

I was also thinking of making the new grid a replication target for the old grid for seeding purposes only, then reregistering the machines to the new grid and doing a reseed; at least the data will not have to be moved across the wire.

Any input would be appreciated.

2K Posts

December 10th, 2013 07:00

Root-to-root migration is the recommended approach for a hardware refresh, even when using different code versions on the two systems.

39 Posts

December 10th, 2013 10:00

Thanks for that; I will proceed with doing that way.

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

December 10th, 2013 21:00

Hey,

As Ian said you can perform Root-to-Root Replication.

If you have EMC partner permission, you can download Avamar System Migration Using Root-to-Root Replication document from EMC support homepage(http://support.emc.com) for your reference.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!