Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2017 06:00

SQL 2005 - Avamar 7.3

I cannot get the SQL Agent to expand the SQL Databases from DataSet or Backup & Restore screens. From the SQL Server, when i run "avsql --operation=browse" it will not enumerate them there either.

I've verified that account i was logged in as had sysadmin access to the SQL Server and each database.

It works without flaw with SQL 2008, is anyone backing up SQL 2005 with Avamar 7.3?

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

46 Posts

May 23rd, 2017 05:00

Hi,

Is it SQL 2005 SP2 or later version? Are you using DD as well? If yes, what is the DDOS?

Regards,

Pawan

6 Posts

May 26th, 2017 07:00

Hello,

the SQL browse operation is determined by the SMO component installed and the Avamar plugin .DLL library being used.

Having multiple SQL server installed on the same server may cause the Avamar SQL plugin to get confused and use the incorrect SMO / .DLL ending up in similar scenario as described in your question above.

Please review the following KB article:

KB 382415 - Unable to Backup/Browse the SQL plugin in either GUI or using the Command Line

https://support.emc.com/kb/382415

The KB should provide the solution or at list should lead to the correct troubleshooting path to resolved it.

If the issue would persist after having tried the above please open a support ticket, it would be easier to address it there than explaining it in this forum.

No Events found!