This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2014 14:00

The Server storage has exceeded maximum operation capacity

Hello guys,

I have the following problem:

Product: Single Node Avamar

Event Detail:

Description: The server node is Full

Remedy: Immediately increase the amount os storage available by adding additional storage nodes, or decrease the amount of data stored. Performing any more backups may incapacitate the server, and require repair by Professional Services.

On the main screen, shows the usage 0%. Few backups were made ​​in this Node, was not to be giving this message.

Has anyone had this problem?

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

September 15th, 2014 02:00

Hi sawgust,

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Avamar Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

September 19th, 2014 00:00

Hey,

Whether you can delete some backup to release some capacity. Then I would recommend you to open a SR to check the detailed reason.

September 19th, 2014 01:00

Has anyone had this problem?

Yes, they have :-)

What can you do about it?  I would suggest taking a look at the following KB article

115872 - Avamar User and OS Capacity Management

In particular, head to the section titled "Actions to alleviate high User Capacity".

If you need some help and guidance after reviewing the article, open an SR with support but please do read the article first.

355 Posts

September 19th, 2014 02:00

Hello,

In case you are unable to open KB mentioned in last reply, you can use following link to open same content which is accessible to all users -

Avamar User and OS Capacity Management

Regards,

Pawan

7 Posts

October 17th, 2014 11:00

One Updating the Node was made to the latest version. As described in Article "Avamar User and OS Capacity Management" probably had a problem with garbage collection and this update corrected the problem.

No Events found!