Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

When can clients be changed?

When can clients in Avamar be moved/retired/imported/added?  We know the grid can't be in read-only mode but what are the other restrictions, especially concerning replication operations?  Can no replication operations be running at all or are these client actions only prohibited when replication is initializing?  I'm trying to come up with a "cheat sheet" for our Avamar users to consult so they know when certain operations can be performed since I get a lot of questions about this.  Replication runs most of the day so that is probably the most important point for us to understand.  I consulted the Avamar Administration Guide but couldn't find these restrictions specifically documented.  Thanks!

498 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 13:00

My experience

no changes when i read only mode (this is during the GC or at some point while the HFS is running)

When replication is running - I have not been able to retire or move servers.

but I can ADD during replication

so for me I have about 2 hours in the afternoon when I can retire or move clients. (after GC finishes and before replication starts)

28 Posts

July 4th, 2013 06:00

yes, you can add a client when replication is in progress.

But, you have to abort replication and move/delete clients. Then you can restart the the replication, the replicated clients before abort will be progressed quickly and the others goes on.

Or you should schedule the replication job according to your general operations.

No Events found!