Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2018 23:00

Upgrading DL2300 server

Hi, 

I hope Dell authorized staff or any Dell expert user could help on this.

We have DL2300 backup appliance with Commvault Simpana installed, running on Windows 2008. It was the combined solution for the backup Dell recommended us at the time we purchase 3 years back. Things gone well till this January. Commvault has declared the EOL of Simpana version which is currently installed. In order to upgrade latest version, the OS should be Windows 2012 or higher.

Dell support website claims DL2300 doesnt support the drivers of Windows 2012, whereas the dell support manager says it theoretically does. However no official confirmation and no confidence it it. As you know, it is the backup of the organization, it is risky to take a decision without confidence.

The DL2300 is still under MC warranty and as a customer, we are stuck in the middle. We dont get proper guidance on the upgrade from Dell support as they already have stopped alliance with Commvault (i dont know it is officially confirmed), nor from Commvault side!

If anybody here passed through similar case or know the solution here, please assist. I need the below:

- Upgrade Os to Windows 2012 without losing raid configuration or disk backups
- upgrade commvault software preserving all settings.

We appreciate any support.

Regards

No Responses!
No Events found!