Go to Solution

January 31st, 2019 04:00

Broadcom 57710 interface in disabled state

hardware : m1000e,

network

A1 - Gigabit Ethernet Dell Ethernet Pass-Through

B2 - 10 GbE (XAUI Only) DELL 10GbE XAUI PTM

blades m620 with Broadcom 57710 mezzanin on slot b

i have configured the m1000 and successfully installed proxmox os on the blade. but only the a1 network is working.

running ipaddr i see the interfaces  enp3s0f0,enp3s0f1: that have matching mac address to WWN/MAC Addresses .

however they are in disabled state.

they are connected to dell force10 s4810p

16 Posts

February 3rd, 2019 05:00

i found the solution, the switch ports were down,, it is my first time configuring switch,, i didnt know the default off all interface are down,

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

January 31st, 2019 07:00

Hello,

It looks like ProxMox is based off a Debian distro, which isn't a supported OS. The OS may need a driver for the 10Gb NIC. You might verify that one is installed with lsmod. What happens if you manually try to put the interface into an up state? I ask because it could be the case that a config file has them defaulting to down. 

You can also verify that the hardware works by using a live Linux image. We have one that is built off of CentOS. If you boot to that and the NICs still don't connect, you can at least begin to limit the scope of your troubleshooting.

Dell Support Live image: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=c31j4 

Edit: I also looked at parts support, and according to this matrix, the 57710 was validated in the 9th, 10th, and 11th generation servers, but the server in question is a 12th generation. There may be a compatibility issue, too. 

16 Posts

January 31st, 2019 07:00

thanks. i'll try both of them and post an update
No Events found!