Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2017 11:00

CMC 6.0 Compatibility

Has anyone experienced any CMC 6.0 compatibility issues?  We got a new M1000e preloaded with CMC v6.0 and none of my M630's are able to be recognized (or even powered on) when inserted into the chassis.  Granted, these M630's are not running the latest and greatest iDRAC, BIOS or other component firmware versions so that's making me wonder if there is some sort of firmware or BIOS version compatibility issue with CMC 6.0. 

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before I start a ticket with Dell.

Thanks,

BD

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 18:00

Older BIOS and firmwares shouldn't prevent the (latest) CMC firmware from recognizing the M630's. 

One thing could be incompatible mezzanine cards in the blades (e.g. FC HBA in fabric B, when fabric B has ethernet switches or passthrough modules in it).

33 Posts

March 30th, 2018 16:00

I would definitely upgrade to latest firmware on chassis. We ran into incompatibility with the new fc640 blades on our fx2 chassis and needed to have the later mainboard firmware updated before it would work.

2 Posts

April 8th, 2021 12:00

I had a similar issue, in my case I replace a damaged M640, the new one came with a greater version of BIOS and I started to have problems with the WWN presented by the blade instead of the ones presented by the CMC, I downgraded the BIOS version of the blade and that solved the problem. I looked for a compatibility matrix for CMC but have not been able to find any.

No Events found!