Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 5th, 2010 09:00

AX-100 Navisphere not accessible after reboot

Hi all,

We had to take down our AX-100 in order to replace a faulting cache memory card.  After installation and reboot, we found we couldn't access Navisphere via the AX-100's ip address anymore.  We put the old faulted cache card back in, rebooted, same thing, so we just put the new good one in again, booted, still no Navisphere.  After several reboots and cold boots, no matter what, we can't access Navisphere.

It's IP address is 192.168.1.199; whenever we needed to access it's UI in the past, we just typed that IP in a web browser, logged into Navisphere, etc.

Now, however, accessing through IE gives a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.

I can ping it just fine, and the servers connected to it can access all files just fine.  In fact, everything appears to be working perfectly... except I can't access Navisphere.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I feel like it's something simple but I've spent hours searching through the support forums waiting for that 'Gotcha!' moment to no avail.

139 Posts

If you can ping it, can you access it via command line (navicli or naviseccli)?

Can you access it via http://IPaddress/setup?

139 Posts

Does this one storage processor or two? If it has two, can you access the second storage processor?

I don't think navicli works with the AX100, and I don't know what Navisphere Server Utility does.

Most likely your domain and security configuration is corrupted, and you will need to reinitialize the array. By that I don't mean that your data will be destroyed, but the IP and security will be reconfigured.

What does Dell support say about this issue?

15 Posts

One storage processor.

How would I go about reinitializing the array?

I haven't contacted Dell support as I thought this may be a simple issue (such as, I had forgotten to do something very obvious).  I will contact them.

15 Posts

When I try to go to http://192.168.1.199/setup, for the briefest moment the title bar of my web browser reads "Login", as if it's about ready to load, but then goes to the "cannot display this webpage" error.

I'm not sure what navicli or naviseccli is, I see an AX_NaviServerUtilCLI.exe installed in the Navisphere Server Utility (AX) subfolder.

18 Posts

January 6th, 2010 08:00

Have you tried to make a PPP connection to it and go to 192.168.1.1\setup and see if you can connect that way.  I would try this first and if still no luck then I would reinitialize it

To reinitialize the array it needs to be powered off and when you go to power it back on you need to hold the power button in for at least six seconds and the light will come on and start to boot and the array will be uninitialized and you can then try to use the initialization wizard again.

Good Luck

Joe Cap

18 Posts

January 6th, 2010 13:00

Its installed on the server you can download it from powerlink its called the Navisphere storage initialization wizard

15 Posts

January 6th, 2010 13:00

Which initialization wizard?  Accessible via IP or server-side software?  Thanks!

15 Posts

January 7th, 2010 07:00

I powered off the array.  Then I restarted it by holding the button for about 10 seconds (it started to boot after around 5 or 6).  After reboot, I ran the Initialization utility but it displayed the AX100 in the list of "initialized devices".  Clicking on it brought up an info screen that said it was already initialized (and listed the ip address, subnet, gateway, etc, which were all correct).  I'm not sure what the problem is, and it's hard to restart the system as it's our ftp storage as well as storage for our main production servers.  Any other ideas?  I'm getting worried about the state of the hardware.

18 Posts

January 7th, 2010 08:00

Can you try to make a PPP conection to the AX100 and see if you can get to the setup page 192.168.1.1/setup

4.5K Posts

January 7th, 2010 10:00

I would recommend that you open a case with EMC - that way you get a person to work directly with you on this issue.

glen

15 Posts

January 8th, 2010 09:00

I opened a service request with EMC.  I hope they can help.  I am considering just purchasing a new storage system.

1 Message

February 12th, 2010 08:00

What was the resolution?  I seem to have a similar issue.

18 Posts

February 12th, 2010 08:00

What seems to be your issue did you reboot your system and also what flare version are you running?
No Events found!