Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2008 16:00

AX 100 boot issue

Hi,

We have issue with AX 100 (fiber only) box. On boot we get only error message with error code and that's all. Box don't boot up.

---

Error: 0x00000213

ErrorDesc:

Device: DIAG MENU

FRU: STORAGE PROCESSOR

Description: Data Directory Boot Service Not Loaded Error!

EndError:

---

Can someone advice what to do next?

Thanks,
Kristo

26 Posts

August 18th, 2008 08:00

EMC currently is dealing with the customer issues.

39 Posts

August 5th, 2008 16:00

Moved thread to CLARiiON AX Series forum area from the Linux User Community.

If you are registered as a Powerlink Lite user then you won't be able to visit this forum until you register as an EMC customer.

However you will continue to receive any messages posted as answers to your question.

Mark Foreman
Host Systems Forum Admin

Message was edited by:
Mark

61 Posts

August 6th, 2008 13:00

Hello Kristo,

In general, if your system will not boot up, you will get a faster and more accurate response by contacting your service provider. In particular, this case seems fairly serious, so you should open a support call immediately to ensure that your situation is resolved in a timely fashion.

If EMC is your service provider, you can open a Service Request through Powerlink.

26 Posts

August 8th, 2008 13:00

It seems to be an issue with the Flare(OS) please contact support for further troubleshooting, you as a customer wont be able to fix it

5 Posts

August 12th, 2008 13:00

I'm 99% sure that this issue is possible to resolve by our own. We just need some hint. We think that some of system disk are empty. Is it possible to re-image disk 1 and 2 from disk 0 what is ok?

26 Posts

August 12th, 2008 14:00

In order to replace one of the Vault drive to use it as FLARE booting drive, you need to:
- 3 hard-drives re-image at EMC Lab (AX-Series SC), 4 hard-drives for dual
- Having the Flare up then you could replace the vault drive

Note: To re-image an SP, we recommend to be done only by EMC support personnel

5 Posts

I'd love to open case for support but our AX100's are not registered and it's not possible to register them. EMC support in India or what-ever where is dealing with this registration issue but so far no solution - registration case is open there ~2-3 weeks and so far only powerlink access and that's all.

So we are in bigbig problem and cannot move on with storage set-up :(

26 Posts

Unfortunately I cant not provide the information you requested since it is EMC confidential

What I recommend you is to open a case with our support personnel and request the Vault Drive to be re-imaged, if you don't have warranty the only thing you will have to pay is for the Shipping

5 Posts

If we will take this responsibility how we can re-image all drives by our own? From where we can get this image and tools to do it?

5 Posts

August 18th, 2008 09:00

We are on a half way to solve the issue and I'm very happy about this.
No Events found!