Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2007 07:00

Any log to show when LUNs trespassed?

I know how to find which LUNs are trespassed - is there an easy way to find "when" a LUN gets trespassed from the Clariion side or is this something I'll only be able to easily find on the host end?

66 Posts

September 7th, 2007 01:00

As i have mentioned my email in my post. Please send me a test mail. I can share the tool with you ;-)

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 6th, 2007 07:00

when you check logs on the SP ..you will see an entry that lun has trespassed.

66 Posts

September 6th, 2007 08:00

Hi,

If you have access to the EMC Service Parters Web. Go to the Clariion Tools section there is a beautiful tool "Clariion LUN Trespass tool". You can download the tool and it will generate a txt file with the LUN trespass report.
You will definately enjoy the output of the tool. My shop has some 50 HP prod servers and there was a trespass havoc till the time i discovered this tool.

Let me know if you have any issues in finding it i can send you the same on email.
navinu@gmail.com.
I am sorry to post this if you are already aware of this tool :)

385 Posts

September 6th, 2007 08:00

Unfortunately still not seeing the trespasses for these LUNs - coming from a VMWare environment and these LUns are trespassed, but no entry in the log.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 6th, 2007 09:00

when you look in the Events ...do you see "Unit shutdown for Trespass" ?

385 Posts

September 6th, 2007 12:00

I just found the shutdown trespass messages and a the LUN information buried in the event id description.

I am not an EMC partner so I can not get the trespass report tool - sounds like it would be something nice to have. Would someone be willing to forward it to me or should I pursue this with our local account team?

Thanks.
No Events found!