Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2012 03:00

Attaching a Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 Server using Native Multipath Failover to our AX4-5F storage system in an existing Fibre Channel switch environment

Hello experts,

we need to attach a new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 Server using Native Multipath Failover to our AX4-5F storage system in an existing Fibre Channel switch environment.

We have managed to create a customized document that explains how to attach a Windows Server (host) to our AX4-5F storage system, however the wizard used to create step-by-step instructions tailored to our environment only shows Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 as the operating system that the host to be attached is running resulting in step-by-step instructions tailored to an environment where the host to be attached is using PowerPath to manage the I/O paths between the server and the storage system.

We have only been able to create a customized document that explains how to attach a Windows Server (host) running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 Server using Native Multipath Failover to a Fibre Channel storage system in an existing Fibre Channel switch environment from within the support section for the VNX for Block Series products, however I want to make sure that the resulting customized document I have attached also applies to our AX4-5F storage system.

More specifically, based on my understanding we should follow the instructions in the “Installing or updating Windows native failover” section (P 12/52) and “Setting Windows native failover properties” (P 37/52) causing Windows native failover (MPIO) to claim control of all CLARiiON devices.

Can anybody please confirm if the above procedure is correct ?

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

Massimilian

1 Attachment

May 31st, 2012 05:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to go through the EMC host connectivity guide for Windows. You will have a detailed idea about the considerations and procedures for connecting a WIndows 2008 host to a CLARiiON.

https://elabnavigator.emc.com/emcpubs/elab/config_guide/windows.pdf

Thanks

Anirudh

No Events found!