Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 4th, 2013 12:00

CX-4 Delete a host

I am new to the CX-4 and VNX 5300 please bare with me.

Short question:  When I right click on a host in Unisphere that is on a CX-4 the "remove" option is greyed out.  How do I delete the host?

Longer explanation:

We have retired two hosts that were part of the same storage group and shared the same LUNs.  I deleted the storage group and LUNs.

The servers are disconnected from the switch, the zones are deleted from the fabrics.

The connection status on both is Inactive, the status is unmanaged, the host agent is unreachable, the user capacity is 0... the Storage group is ~ management.  ...what you would expect...I would think.

I encountered this issue once before on the VNX side and went into Host-Initiators and cleaned that up and the hosts disappeared but for the CX-4 the Host-Initiators don't show anything...for any host.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1.4K Posts

Ghost hosts are hosts that were disconnected from a CLARiiON array that the array still sees as being registered.

See if you can follow below steps:

- Open Unisphere

- From the left hand panel, click Storage System Connectivity Status

- Select the host to remove, highlight each HBA one by one and click the Deregiter button

- Click OK

Note: You might want to log in to Engineering Mode before following above steps by pressing Ctrl + Shift + F12.

If it doesn't work out follow the document to Restart the Management Server on both the Storage Processor https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7393 and let us know if it helps!

Ankit

1.4K Posts

I think you have installed Unisphere Off Array Manager not the Unisphere, there is a difference.

Unisphere Manager opens up when you type in IP Address of CLARiiON SP on the Browser.

Unisphere Off Array Manager is the software you can install on your workstation and provide the IP Address of CLARiiON you want to access. (Faster way to access)

I am not seeing a left hand panel.

I am in Hosts - host lists.   I have a right hand panel (Wizards) with a button to make it minimize and along the bottom for "details"  On the left side I don't see one.  I am logged in as admin

I have another  PC with Unisphere version 1.0.56.1.0094 installed and it shows me the left panel.  I followed your previous instructions and it worked, the hosts are gone!  I appreciate your help.   I will play around with version 1.2 and see why I don't have a left panel.  Thanks very much for your help!

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

enter engineering mode (Ctrl + Shift +F12, password messner) and try again

1.4K Posts

Check the Image.

Image.jpg

1.4K Posts

June 4th, 2013 13:00

Sure. No Problem. Happy to help!

June 4th, 2013 13:00

I will have to look into it.  I spend a lot of time on this issue just because I am missing a left side panel of options.  Both of them just say EMC Unisphere though...only the version is different

June 8th, 2013 21:00

tech1trader,

What I suspect is that the left panel is simply collapsed.  If you look closely at the middle of the divider, there is a tiny arrow.  If it is collapsed, it would be pointing to the right.  Clicking on it would then open it up (and then the arrow would point to the left which suggests clicking on it would again collapse it).

Also, it is possible to drag the divider by selecting it then hold down the left mouse button, and sliding the divider left or right.

Just a thought.

4.5K Posts

June 10th, 2013 12:00

When the first release for Unisphere came out (release 30 or 1.0.x.x.x) the panel was on the left. When the VNX came out and there was a new Unisphere very ( release 31 or 1.1.x.x) the panel was moved to the right side, but you still could get to the Connectivity Status if you were in the Hosts section.

With Release 32 (Unisphere 1.2.x.x) the panel is still on the right side, but the "Connectivity Status" was replaced with Hosts/Initiators.

glen

No Events found!